Following the success of our 2006 10th anniversary commissions, SingBronze, SingSilver and SingGold, we, for a second time, commissioned ten composers, each with a strong Scottish connection, to write three songs.
The songs are suitable for young people to sing and meet certain criteria of range, rhythm and pitch. Once again, the composers have responded with fascinating songs in a variety of interesting styles, with suitable and stimulating texts.
SingBronze 2 songs are pentatonic, with simple rhythms.
- Bully Cat (Sally Beamish)
- Nearly There (Tom Cunningham)
- Sing Me a Song of a Lad (Stephen Deazley)
- Water Music (John Maxwell Geddes)
- This Aul' Witch (John Hearne)
- The Wind that Shakes the Barley (Ken Johnston)
- A Lonely Ghost Boy (David Paul Jones)
- Why Not Stop? (Alasdair Nicolson)
- Frog Music (Sheena Phillps)
- Beneath the Bracken (Oliver Iredale Searle)
Vocal and piano parts included.
Part of the Singbronze, Singsilver, Singgold series.